Fred Jr's
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

James Hetfield of Metallica claims edge

5 posters

Go down

James Hetfield of Metallica claims edge Empty James Hetfield of Metallica claims edge

Post  Mike T Wed May 26, 2010 10:24 pm

from double cross zine:

I got a message from my cousin Bob today telling me about the new issue of So What, which is Metallica's fan club magazine. Bob told me that there was a piece in the mag with James Hetfield talking about his tattoos. What surprised the hell out of both of us was that James recently got himself a straight edge tattoo… yeah, you read the right, a straight edge tattoo. Here's a couple interesting excerpts from the interview. Thanks to Bob for scanning and sending this over to me. -Tim DCXX

SO WHAT: (Caught by a tattoo)… that's a new one, right? Sorry-

James: Straight edge? Yeah.

SO WHAT: You're not getting away with the last comment, incidentally. We'll have to go back to that. But anyways, the straight edge X.

James: Right. Well, straight edge, this was certainly a design of my own. You know, the old straight edge tattoo, it's just like a big X on your hand. No drinking, and I don't drink. It's like when you go into the clubs, they put and X on your hand…

SO WHAT: Right. It's because you haven't shown your ID.

James: And I don't need drink or drugs. That's straight edge life. Obviously I'm not straight edge - a true, hardcore straight edge has never had any of it in her or her whole life. But I'm a reborn straight edge.

SO WHAT: I always associated Minor Threat and Ian MacKaye and those guys with straight edge punk. That's what they were all about.

James: Absolutely. There's some hardcore people that are straight edge from birth. So this was my take on the straight edge X, you know? Straight razors. A straight edge, is what that was all about.

James Hetfield of Metallica claims edge JamesHetfield
James Hetfield of Metallica claims edge JamesSE

kinda has no clue what he's talking about in part of it, but hey, whatev...
for whom the edge tolls... Twisted Evil

Last edited by Mike T on Wed May 26, 2010 10:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
Mike T
Mike T

Back to top Go down

James Hetfield of Metallica claims edge Empty Re: James Hetfield of Metallica claims edge

Post  heathur Wed May 26, 2010 10:53 pm

more power to mr. hetfield. he looks so much like my dad, but i don't claim my dad so i'll take him instead!

i chose to stop drinking recently (i didn't really do anything else) and i'm 100% happy with my decision. shit gets miserable, especially if you're already depressed. and i know my body isn't getting destroyed anymore by something that used to fuel rocket vehicles. for those who have never had alcohol, i'm jealous and i support you guys!! and of course those who have decided to quit. okay, now i'm just getting all touchy on this subject.. Rolling Eyes

gimme fuel gimme fire gimme dabajabaziieeee!!!!
heathur
heathur

Back to top Go down

James Hetfield of Metallica claims edge Empty Re: James Hetfield of Metallica claims edge

Post  moshed brotatoes Thu May 27, 2010 12:26 am

The "reborn straight edge" part killed me.
moshed brotatoes
moshed brotatoes

Back to top Go down

Post  xTJx Thu May 27, 2010 9:15 am

moshed brotatoes wrote:The "reborn straight edge" part killed me.
THIS. And they posted the tattoo on the B9. It's a straight razor that says "Str8 Edge". Wow.
xTJx
xTJx

http://www.myspace.com/xxxteejay | http://www.twitter.com/TJxxx

Back to top Go down

Post  Straightedgeb Thu May 27, 2010 9:08 pm

Roflcopter
Straightedgeb
Straightedgeb

http://www.myspace.com/poolpartywv

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum